The Higher National Diploma in Food Technology (HNDFT) programme at the SriLanka Institute of Advance Technological Education (SLIATE) was developed and introduced in the year 2012 with the objective of producing the middle level Food Technology professionals required for the new millennium.
Overview of the Program
- HNDFT program is a diploma program of two and a half (2 ½) year duration.
- The program will be offered in course unit system in semesters. Hence the program comprises of six semesters, each of 15 week duration.
- The program first 4 semesters consist of course work, and the last two semesters of in-plant training.
- The total program consists of 85 credits.
- All the 85 credits contribute to the GPA of the program.